Welcome for New Year 7
A warm welcome from our Executive Headteacher, Mrs Sanchez, and Associate Headteacher, Mr Cooling. They’re here to tell you a little bit about what it means to be a Martin High learner!
A welcome from Lionheart Trust CEO, Kath Kelly
We’re part of the Lionheart Educational Trust, a family of 14 schools based in and around Leicestershire. Kath Kelly, our CEO, would like to welcome you to the Lionheart Family too.
What do our current students say about Martin High?!
What could my school day look like?
Here’s an example of what your timetable could look like. We’ll give you your actual timetable when you start at school and be on hand to help you find your classrooms until you get to know your way around.
Now on to something very important – fashion! Well, maybe not quite, but uniform is definitely an important part of school life. It helps all our students belong to Martin High’s community and we take pride in seeing our students dressed so smartly every day. So, what will you need to wear?
- School Blazer – (Black with the Martin High School emblem) This is to be worn to and from school as well as at all times within school, unless direct permission is given by a member of staff.
- Tie – (Martin High School Design) This is to be worn to and from school and during lessons. Pupils will be asked to remove it during specific lessons where health and safety guidance needed to be adhered to. It is optional to wear during break and lunchtimes.
- White Shirt – (Formal in design so that it can be tucked into trousers) This is to be tucked into trousers at all times.
- Trousers – (Black formal in design) This is the most difficult to explicitly describe but a best described as formal, tradition style school trousers. They should not be – Skinny, jeans or jeans style, leggings, tracksuit bottoms, rolled up or ¾ lengths.
- Skirts – (Black and must be worn with plain black tights) These should be close to knee length. Pleated skirts are recommended. They should not be made from stretchy material or high waisted.
- Shoes – (Plain black) These should not include colourful or eye catching logos.
Uniform is ordered through Schoolwear Solutions, with more information here.
Tour Martin High School!
Want to refresh your memory of what Martin High looks like? Take a practice run through the corridors with our Head of Year 7, Mr Black !