Pupil PremiumPupil Premium is allocated to learners from lower-income families who are currently eligible for Free School Meals. Learners are also entitled to the allocation if they have received Free School Meals at any point over the last six years.
Allocation and entitlement
At the Martin High School, each Pupil Premium learner is allocated £100s towards their educational needs each academic year, to ensure that any barriers towards your child’s learning or progress is broken down. Suggested uses for this allocation include:
- Towards transport costs
- Uniform requirements
- Equipment and resources
- School trips / residentials
- Enrichment activities (e.g. music tuition)
All uniform can be purchased through John Cheatle in Oadby, Leicester:
Important: Please do not buy equipment, clothes or resources and bring in the receipt. Please discuss this first with Mr Fitzjohn – Thomas.email@example.com
Additional support and guidance
If your child receives a Pupil Premium allowance, we also commit to ensuring:
- One-to-one SLT support across all five years;
- Full access to all key resources – on the website; printed if needed;
- Additional catch-up funding in Y7 to support with literacy and maths skills;
- Access and priority for all intervention sessions;
- Robust communication, guidance and support with yourselves.
Please see the attached PDF presentation below for further information as to how we aim to fully support your child during their time with us.
Pupil Premium Presentation
Free School Meals
If you are unsure if your child is entitled to Free School Meals (which will also entitle them to Pupil Premium funding), please click on the link below, where you can find out more information and apply for the funding:
Review of the MHS Pupil Premium Strategy 2023-2024, click here